Seminar on Promoting University Advancement Through Internationalization and University - Industry Linkage hosted by HUST
Within the framework of the 60th Founding Anniversary of Hanoi University of Science and Technology (HUST), the University – Industry Linkage Seminar with the theme “Promoting University Advancement Through Internationalization and University - Industry Linkage” has be jointly organized by Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology and the AUN/SEED-net Project on October 14th, 2016 at HUST campus.
The Conference was organized with the precious presence of Mr. Luong Van Thang, Vice Director, FIRST Project Management Unit, Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST); Ms. Phung Thi Hong Van, International Cooperation Department, Ministry of Education and Training (MOET); Mr. KAKIOKA Naoki, Senior Representative of JICA Vietnam Office; Mr. IWADATE Hiroshi - Project Coordinator, Research and Networking Promotion, AUN/SEED-Net Project; Dr. MIKAMI Yoshiki - Vice President, Nagaoka University of Technology (NUT); Assoc.Prof.Dr. Mai Thanh Phong, Vice Rector, Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology (HCMUT) and the Management Representatives from industry sponsors: DENSO MANUFACTURING VIETNAM CO., LTD.; Nissan Techno Vietnam; Aureole Construction Software Development; GE Vietnam; Heasung Vina CO., LTD.; Rikkeisoft Co., Ltd.; DAIZO TEC CO., LTD. and IHI Corporation. On behalf of Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Assoc.Prof.Dr. Huynh Quyet Thang – Vice President has attended and chaired the Seminar.
The event has received the attendance from more than 200 participants including Government policy makers, representatives from local and international universities, companies, organizations and networks, who are interested in sharing experiences and seeking for university cooperation with industry.
The Seminar composed of 4 parts, giving all participants opportunities to discuss and start up ideas for future collaboration:
- Presentation Sessions with keynotes from Government and International Organization (MOST, ANU/Seed-Net); Key-notes from Universities (HUST, HCMUT, NUT) and Industrial Representatives (Nissan Techno Vietnam, GE Vietnam, Rikkeisoft)
- Plenary Discussion on how to promote the U-I Linkage and experience sharing.
- Exhibition of U-I cooperation results.
- Company visit to Rikkeisoft Co., Ltd which is managed by a group of 5 alumni students of HUST.
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Huynh Quyet Thang – HUST Vice President
delivered the welcome speech
Addressing at the Seminar, Assoc.Prof.Dr. Huynh Quyet Thang – Vice Director of the HUST said that “As a member of the ASEAN nations, Vietnam will face both opportunities for growth and challenges when the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) was established by the year end of 2015. A competitive economy will force Vietnamese enterprises as well as Foreign invested companies located in Vietnam to expand the quality of their products, capital resources and management capacity as well as attracting high-qualified human resources. Whereas universities face to the pressing demand of the national economy in training high-qualified human resources ready for the labour market, carried out both fundamental & industry oriented researches as well as transfer technology to the industry. How university and industry can meet the demand and get benefited from each other. U-I linkage and its aspects are more than a priority but a development strategy at HUST and is the reason for all of us gathering here today”.
U-I seminar is the forum to introduce government policies on promote University –Industry connection, to express the needs from industry and to showcase the capability of university towards U-I collaboration. To successfully host this important event, besides the main support from AUN/SEED-Net Project and the co-organization of HCMUT, HUST is very delighted to receive the sponsoring supports from our key industry partners. Without them, the Seminar could not been well organized as expected.
To appreciate the support from industry sponsors for U-I Seminar, HUST has given the sponsor recordation presents for 8 companies:
- Denso Manufacturing Vietnam Co., Ltd, the Gold Sponsor, represented by Mr. Hirokazu Yagi, Vice General Director.
- Nissan Techno Vietnam, the Gold Sponsor, represented by Mr. Yao Kenji, Administration Director.
- Aureole Construction Software Development Inc., the Silver Sponsor, represented by Mr. Shuhei Miura, General Director.
- GE Vietnam, the Silver Sponsor, represented by Ms. Phan Thi Vuong, Market Development Manager.
- Haesung Vina Co., Ltd., the Silver Sponsor, represented by Mr. Seo Kwang Hee, Director.
- Rikkeisoft Co., Ltd., the Silver Sponsor, represented by Mr. Bui Quang Huy, COO.
- Daizotec Co., Ltd., the Bronze Sponsor, represented by Mr. Eiji Furukawa, General Director.
- IHI Corporation, the Bronze Sponsor, represented by Mr. Akihiko Numazawa, Chief Representative, IHI Hanoi Office
U-I Exhibition in parallel with the Seminar
The Seminar has successfully maximized the outreach of the AUN/SEED-Net Network for stronger linkage between its Member Institutions and Industry sector, as well as stressed the development strategy of HUST on promoting the collaboration with international and domestic industrial partners.
Adjustment of Semester 2 class registration