Call for application: the G-DORM Online Programs 2022 (Summer Program), organized by Niigata University
NIIGATA UNIVERSITY (Japan) in collaboration with four (4) universities from Mekong countries - ROYAL UNIVERSITY OF PHNOM PENH (Cambodia), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF LAOS (Laos), CHULALONGKORN UNIVERSITY (Thailand), and HANOI UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (Vietnam) – has conducted “G-DORM Project” which has some student exchange programs aiming to develop global SciTech leaders capable of solving regional revitalization issues from an integrative standpoint.
- Period of Program:
• From 19th August 2022 to 31st August 2022 (excluding the period of pre- and post-study assignments).
- Summary of Planned Activities:
The COIL in this program will be conducted in cooperation with companies mainly in Tsubame City, which is one of the famous cities in Japan as a complex industrial working base area, and is now the home for diverse types of houseware, industrial machinery, and other metalwork industries. In the history of globalization, industry in the city had several innovations. Companies in the city have developed their market internationally by improving their production techniques, the scale of their productivity, and quality management.
(Further information about Tsubame City is available at “https://tsubame-kankou.jp/en/seeing/”.)
This COIL program is planned to aim for students to understand the development process and current status of industries/companies in Tsubame on international relations (international extension and/or international competitiveness, etc.). In addition, to suggest challenges for extension of their products/technology in the Mekong counties to contribute to problem-solving for SDGs [UN Sustainable Development Goals], considering the cultural differences from Japan. This aims to make students better understand technology application in a real-world problem in the context of cultural differences.
This COIL program is planned with Tsubamate, a coordinating organization between the university and companies in Tsubame city for industry-academia learning programs. We, Niigata University and Tsubamate, won the Award of Excellent by the third “Internship Awards Selected by Students” in 2020.
- Certificate Policy:
- A certificate of participation will be provided by Niigata University to students who complete all the activities and assignments of the program.
- The issuance of the certificate will be conducted after the confirmation that the said students attend all activities and submit all documentation assigned by Niigata University in principle.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at each university and shall maintain the same student status throughout the program period (until August 31st in 2022).
- Have enough ability to speak, listen, read and write English.
- Have a positive manner to participate in all activities and discussions.
- Have good motivation to work as a member of an international student group.
- Promise to attend all times of the program activities in principal.
- Promise to submit questionnaires, reports and other required documents by the due date.
- Demonstrate good performance with business and social manners (Ex. NOT leak any confidential information, compensate for the damages/losses which were caused by you, etc.).
- Have the motivation to active exchanges among participating students during as well as before and after the program even online.
- Approve to use of your personal information including the photos and movies including you for future activities. The NU G-DORM team would like to take movies and photos during the activities. The movies and photos will be used for not only publicity but also the development of educational materials for the G-DORM. For this sake, it is required to submit the “Agreement on the Use of Personal Information”.
- How to apply:
More information can be found: Application Guidelines for G-DORM Online Program 2022.
Step 1: Fill in the form before June 26th: https://forms.gle/4bbnZVi1bqqw9aoC7
Step 2: Send all completed document both in hard and soft (pdf) to Ms, Mai Chi, External Affairs Office, Room 212-C1
- Application Form with attaching Face Photo Image (Use the attached form, Word)
- Written Pledge (Use the attached form, Word)
- Agreement on the Use of Personal Information (Use the attached form, Word)
- Latest Academic Transcript (Original)
- Certificate of Enrollment (Original. It is a document issued by your university to certify the registration as a regular student of the university)
- Letter of Recommendation from the Dean of your University (Original) (Hiệu trưởng/HIệu PHó trường con hoặc Viện Trưởng/Viện Phó)
- Photocopy of English Scores (TOEIC, TOEFL, IELTS, etc.)
EAO - HUST