In order to develop high level staff working in science and technology sector; and enhance training and research capacity, international cooperation activities at HUST are diverse, with a large number of collaborative training and research programs, which reflects the university’s strength and cooperative willingness.
Funds from international donors and organizations are effectively used at HUST and gained fruitful results.
Hanoi University of Science and Technology commits to build a long-term, reliable cooperation with prestigious international partners, academia and research institutions as well as with major local and international businesses and organizations. Different types of cooperation are as following:
- Cooperation in scientific research and technology transfers through:
- Mutual projects;
- Joint laboratories and equipment for research;
- Establishment of Advanced International Research Institutes/ Centers;
- International cooperation in high quality undergraduate and graduate training programs;
- Organizing international workshops, conferences and exhibitions…
- Students and staff exchange
With the supports from valuable international partners, HUST has organized many international cooperation programs with worthwhile achievements:
Collaboration in research
- Establishing four advanced institutes/ centers for international research with modern infrastructure and equipment, namely:
- International Institute of Multimedia, Information, Communication and Application (MICA);
- International Collaboration Center for Research and Development on Satellite Navigation Technology in South East Asia (NAVIS);
- International Institute of Computational Science and Engineering (ICSE);
- Vietnam-Japan International Institute of Science and Technology (VJIIST).
- Opening 11 laboratories in the fields of mechatronics, biotechnology-food technology, automation, environmental technology, nano-optoelectronics and so on;
- Organizing more than 20 international conferences and workshops annually;
- Conducting a variety of international research projects of high quality, with 04 FP7 projects funded by European Committee, 27 projects within the AUSN/SEED-Net-JICA network, 08 projects within the VLIR program, 27 collaborative projects funded by Eramus Mundus, 65 bilateral research projects and other projects funded by World Bank, JICA, UNIDO, USAID… during the past 10 years.
Collaboration in training
- Exploring a large number of scholarships , staff and student exchange program between HUST and partners. Every year, there are approximately:
- 1300 incoming guests and visiting professors;
- 200 international students studying at HUST through exchange programs;
- 500 faculties and 100 students of HUST sent oversea to study and research;
- 100 HUST students sent oversea to study and research;
- 30 billion VND allocated for international scholarships;
- Exchanging and accrediting between HUST and partner universities: Graduates from PFIEV programs (High quality engineer training programs) are accredited by CTI as being equal to the master degree in Europe; Advanced programs are acknowledged and transferred to Poland State University, the USA, etc.
- Opening twin programs (or sandwich programs) with foreign businesses: SAMSUNG Talent program, “Collaborative training program for high level engineers” with Nissan Techno Vietnam Ltd. Co…
Adjustment of Semester 2 class registration