HUST for “Energy in Transition – Powering Tomorrow" Travelling exhibition
On April 23rd, 2021, Hanoi University of Science and Technology (HUST) worked collaboratively with the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany and GIZ to organize the travelling exhibition: “Energy in Transition – Powering Tomorrow".
The exhibition will be freely opened for the public at Ta Quang Buu Library, Hanoi University of Science and Technology from 23-27 April 2021.
The exhibition aims to:
- present opportunities and challenges of the global energy transition from different perspectives;
- foster international dialogue on this topic, learning from different countries’ and stakeholders’ experiences and improving public acceptance for the energy transition globally;
- inspire potential and current students, lecturers, and concerned stakeholders about the love for technology innovation in energy transition;
- offer opportunities for academics, industry, policymakers, and other stakeholders for networking and exchanging knowledge in energy transition.
Participating in the opening ceremony were distinguished guests: Mr. Nguyen Duc Hien – Vice Chairman of the Central Economic Commission, Mr. Pham Nguyen Hung, Deputy Director General of Electricity and Renewable Energy Authority, Ministry of Industry and Trade in Vietnam. The opening also welcomed participants who were ministry participants, foreign organizations, representatives in industry, embassies, academics, researchers, lecturers, and students.
The Exhibition offered great opportunities for academics, industry, policymakers, and other stakeholders to tackle challenging issues of energy and find approaches for renewable sources.
In particular, three key themes were delivered at the ceremony including Renewable energies- the switch to renewable sources; Better mobility; and A just transformation – for all people.
Speaking at the opening ceremony, H.E. Dr. Guido Hildner, German Ambassador said “Vietnam has a huge potential for renewable energies. Therefore, it makes perfect sense also for Vietnam to concentrate its innovative power on the transformation, especially decarbonization, of its energy system...”. He further conveyed great thanks and appreciation for HUST’s support and emphasized the need for multi-layered collaboration since energy in transition is a joint challenge.
H.E. Dr. Guido Hildner, German Ambassador at the Exhibition’s Opening Ceremony
Prof. Le Anh Tuan, Chairman of the University Council, was very pleased to know that German’s nearly 50% of electricity consumption comes from renewable sources. He congratulated the German partners on the profound achievements in renewable energies and expressed the hope for working with all the stakeholders to promote more research and education.
Opening remarks by Prof. Le Anh Tuan, Chairman of the University Council
Mr. Nguyen Duc Hien – Vice Chairman of the Central Economic Commission, and Mr. Pham Nguyen Hung, Deputy Director General of Electricity and Renewable Energy Authority, Ministry of Industry and Trade were pleased to know that HUST and German partners worked effectively together in promoting renewable energies and affirmed that the university was an outstanding institution for this breakthrough exhibition.
The ribbon cutting ceremony for the travelling exhibition was successfully organized with the witness of more than 150 participants.
For more details on the exhibition, please visit https://www.energiewende-global.com/en
We look forward to welcoming you to this on-going exhibition at Ta Quang Buu Library, Hanoi University of Science and Technology from 23-27 April 2021.
- University Leadership in Asia's Next Normal - Southeast Asia Leaders’ Summit 2021
- HUST for “Energy in Transition – Powering Tomorrow" Travelling exhibition
- Student exchange for successful partnerships between Vietnam and UK
- HUST professor won the Hitachi Global Foundation Asia Innovation Award 2020 Best Innovation Award
- HUST and Toyota Motor Vietnam Evaluate the Efficiency of Hybrid Cars in Vietnamese Conditions.