1. Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (AIST): Established in 2007, Advanced Institute of Science and Technology aims to deploy and implement (1) Basic and applied research in the fields of Physics, New Materials, Electronics and Sustainable Energy Systems; (2) Postgraduate training (Master and PhD); (3) International cooperation in research and high-level training; (4) Scientific and technical services; (5) Technology transfer.
2. Biomedical Electronics Center (BMEC): Established in 1999, Biomedical Electronics Center focuses on application of advanced scientific achievements of the Electronics and Telecommunications, Information Technology fields to study design of biomedical electronic devices; electronic medical record processing, to build health information systems and telemedicine solutions… contribute to solving the problems of health and life sciences, improving the quality of healthcare.
3. Bach Khoa Cyber Security Centre (BCSC): Bach Khoa Cyber Security Centre is an open laboratory, where expert scientists of Hanoi University of Science and Technology gather together as a team. BCSC focuses on the fundamental problems of cyber security infrastructure, system security evaluation and digital copyrights. The laboratory’s members commit to support and counsel state agencies and enterprises in order to build, apply international standard procedure into their information security policies.
4. Institute of Control Engineering and Automation (ICEA): Institute for Control Engineering and Automation aims to become a reputable Scientific Research - Technology Transfer Center/Unit both domestically and internationally, and to play an important role in the process of researching, developing, and applying technologies in the field of Control Engineering and Automation. ICEA also wants to be an attractive and reliable destination for investment and cooperation in scientific research and technology transfer, contributing significantly to the socio-economic development, industrialization and modernization of Vietnam as well as the preservation of national security and defense; supporting to educate and train masters and PhDs with excellent quality, international standards, and reputation in the area/industry of Automatic Control and Automation.
5. International Training Institute for Materials Science (ITIMS): International Training Institute for Materials Science was established in December 1992 by Ministry of Education and Training of Vietnam and became directly under Hanoi University of Technology since December 2004. ITIMS has functions of post-graduate education, doing research and technology transfer in the field of materials science (electronic materials).
6. International Research Institute MICA - Multimedia, Information, Communication and Applications (MICA): International Research Institute MICA - Multimedia, Information, Communication and Applications has defined four major sociological objectives in the covered domains (1) Developing quality research actions; (2) Validating these research actions by hardware and software achievements; (3) Transferring the knowledge and the know-how to the students, the lecturers of the Vietnamese universities, but also and above all to the Vietnamese industries by helping to develop with them and for them the hardware and software tools that they missed currently; (4) Reaching an international level.
7. International Collaboration Center for R&D on Satellite Navigation Technology (NAVIS): International Collaboration Center for R&D on Satellite Navigation Technology aims to ease cross-links between EU and South-East Asia actors to promote European Global Navigation Satellite System technology and reinforce international collaboration among players. NAVIS’s functions is to (1) Promote collaboration between the two regions in terms of joint activities in research, training, technology transfer and education; (2) Contribute to the spreading of knowledge about the European initiatives in the field of GNSS in South East Asia through awareness and dissemination activities at different levels from public bodies and companies to the general public; (3) Foster the cooperation between European and South East Asian institutions; (4) Provide support to public bodies and policy makers of the Region in the evaluation of GNSS related technical issues relevant for regulations and definitions of standards.
8. Vietnam-Japan International Institute of Science & Technology (VJIIST): Vietnam-Japan International Institute of Science & Technology was established in 2014 based on the cooperation between HUST and Nagaoka University of Technology (Japan). VJIIST’s functions are (1) Providing postgraduate training (Master and PhD) in 4 technical disciplines including Materials Science & Engineering, Information & Communication Technology, Mechanical Engineering & Transportation Engineering, Energy & Electrical Engineering; (2) Implementing scientific research and technology development. Cooperating with businesses, scientific and technical organizations in training and research; (3) Implementing international cooperation in postgraduate training and scientific research; (4) Consulting on science and technology transfer, Information relating to science and technology, Training and professional development, Organiziation of scientific conferences and seminars, Experimental implementation & Pilot run.
9. Institute for Research and Development of Natural Products (INAPRO)
10. Institute of Space and Underwater Technology (ISUT)